Saturday, October 6, 2012

A new appreciation

So I have a wonderful husband who is truly amazing. He is an awesome father and helps out more than the average guy! He's on the floor playing with kids. He's making supper and helping with dishes. I am so lucky to have someone like him. And right now...I miss him and everything he does!

Right now, his job is requiring a lot of hours, above and beyond the 40 hours required. For the past three or four weeks, he's put in about 60+ hours per week...which leaves me with the kids a lot. I love my children deeply and I certainly can handle a night by myself...it's just so much easier with my husband here. Someone around to help keep the kids occupied while I make supper, someone to help reinforce to our son the need to eat more quickly or use your utensils at meals, someone to back me up, someone to help get supper going, someone to help with the dishes and the laundry and cleaning. It's just nice. And I miss that.

And it makes me appreciate him even more. He's stressed out at work right now, so I'm trying my very best to help him relax when he gets home. The last thing that he needs is a cranky wife who bitches that he doesn't help out enough. He's leaving before the kids are up and getting home right in time to help with bedtime. He misses the kids. The kids miss him. I miss him.

These past few weeks have been challenging for me, but thankfully, that's not my life. I'm thankful that I'm not a single mom all of the time. And I'm amazed with how they do it. I'm sure if I was in that situation, I'd handle it fine, as the last few weeks have shown me that it's possible, but it makes me appreciate my husband even more...and the fact that I don't have to do this alone. Eventually, he won't have to work this much, but for right now, it's helping to advance his career and that's important.

So for right now, my house isn't clean, I have dishes piled high by the sink, I have at least 5 loads of laundry to do, but my kids are napping right now, so that means I'm going to take advantage of my 'me' time and just sit. I'm going to give myself a break from dishes, a break from folding laundry and just sit. The dishes will eventually get done...the laundry will eventually get put away...as long as my kids feel loved and get the attention they need, I'm okay with my house not looking perfect.

And to my husband, thank you for going above and beyond what most guys do. Thank you for not leaving me to do this alone all of the time. I love you and can't wait for things to slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment